Monday, December 7, 2009

Mistletoe Dishcloth


This year, for the first time ever, I wasn't looking forward to the Christmas holidays -- partially because I can't afford to travel to visit my family thanks to the economy, and partially because I have recently been diagnosed with diabetes, so will not be able to indulge in all the wonderfully delicious seasonal goodies. Determined not to give into depression, I pulled out all the Christmas decorations that I’ve collected over the years and decorated the apartment from top to bottom. The cat ran and hid, terrified I was going to stick a Santa Hat on him...

Among my kitchen decorations, I discovered this beautiful Christmas dishcloth that I had totally forgotten about. Then I remembered that I had started knitting it before Christmas last year but hadn't finished it in time to use during the holidays. So I packed it away, where it languished, unused and ignored, in storage. Now it has the place of honour, hanging above the sink and matching all my holiday-themed potholders, kitchen towels, Santa stove ring covers and vivid red rugs.

This dishcloth was knit using the free pattern for Alex’s Cloth designed by Vaunda Rae Giberson, and using Lily Sugar'n Cream Misletoe cotton yarn.

© 2009-12-07 N0Nightowl

No comments:

Post a Comment