Friday, August 21, 2009

Six Degrees of Babies


In my post about the original Baby’s Joy Cap, I complained about not having any family or friends in the age group to have babies to knit for (all those baby patterns just look *so* cute, are quick to knit and don’t use huge amounts of yarn). Well, as it turns out, finding babies is like playing the game, “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon”. I may not have a first degree of contact with any baby mommies, but I’m finding I have a number of second, third and fourth degree contacts as my friends turn out to be aunts, great-aunts and grand-mothers, most of whom are looking for original baby gifts like hand-knit items. My little French-knit cap with the bow on top turned out to be a big hit. So, I just finished a second one, this time for an aunt instead of a great-aunt. I have enough Baby’s Joy sayelle in my stash to do one more of these caps before having to switch to a different yarn

No comments:

Post a Comment