Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quick and Easy Is Good


I get bored easily, so I like knitting projects projects that are quick and easy... but still provide a bit of a challenge... or at least something new. Sometimes it's just trying to knit a charted design I've never tried before, like the dishcloth I just finished using Barbara Breiter's free butterfly pattern. I used Lily Sugar'n Cream Swimming Pool 100% cotton and 4.5mm needles (the pattern actually calls for 5mm needles, but I prefer my dishcloths slightly denser). It took me approximately four hours to do. but that's because (1) I'm a slow knitter and (2) I tend to knit while watching television and thus get distracted easily.

There's enough yarn remaining that, by combining it with leftover Swimming Pool yarn from another dishcloth project, I'll probably be able to get still another small dishcloth out of it... or maybe a couple of mitered coasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment